i don’t want to play favorites, but this is hands down the best sushi i have had in chicago. i love every single thing about this place.
- who: you and no more than one more friend, maybe two. otherwise you will wait ~two hours.
- what: sushi sushi sushi
- when: ever. there will ALWAYS be a wait.
- Tues-Thurs 5-10pm; Fri-Sun 12-3pm, 5pm-10pm
- where: 2546 N Clark St
- why: everything mitch makes is gooooold
- must try: spicy tako if you like octopus, if not, the kamikaze – the flavors and textures on these rolls are INSANE. sashimi is great, rolls are inventive…everything is fresh and delicious, everyone’s nice, and there’s a reason why this place is full when there’s 5-10 other sushi spots in walking distance!
- pro tip: BYOB, and put your name in and get some wine at trader joe’s nearby, or grab some drinks at duke’s down the street while you wait