i wanted to make breakfast since i was waking my friends up at 730 am. woof.
green eggs are always a go-to st patty’s morn, but i really hate food dye. so i decided to go with pesto this time, and they were a hit!
scrambled eggs with pesto and jalapeno sausage
prep time: 10-15 minutes.
what you need:
- eggs (depends on how many you’re cooking for, usually 2-3 a person)
- 2% or whole milk
- sausage (i used the leftover chicken jalapeno sausage from my stuffed peppers!)
- olive oil
get it done:
- heat up a pan and start melting a little butter on it
- whisk together eggs, a bit of milk
- pour egg/milk mixture into pan – best on med-low heat
- start stirring this as it heats every once in awhile until you come to the consistency you like your eggs
- add the pesto in after about 3 minutes (i just used a spoonful for every 4-5 eggs…also depends on how much pesto and how green you want them!)
- in a separate pan, heat up with a bit of olive oil
- chop up the sausage into small bites
- cook sausage til browned (probably 5 minutes, depending on how small you cut them up)