- ★★★★ i’m coming back
- $ (<$10)
- go for lunch, sit on the patio
- neighborhood: streeterville
- seat yourself, no waiter service
we stopped by here st pattys day afternoon, stumbling in after viewing the river. not my first time, not my last time.
reminiscent of in n out, five guys, and mayyyyybe a shake shack (gasp!). cheap, fast, easy menus, tasty burgers. and if you can’t tell by now, i like my burgers.
it’s small. there are benches outside to people watch (though it’s mostly people from northwestern med..patients, students, docs, and the like) but it’s just a quick, delightful, and easy meal. not too big and the fries are delicious.
secrets but not-so-secret are:
- the hurt burger – comes with spicy bbq sauce and pepperjack. with hurt levels: first degree, second degree has sliced jalapeños, third is extra saucy with green chiles.
- dr betty – which is the nurse betty on the menu (tomato, avocado, pepperjack) with a beef patty.
- grilled cheese (but really, who wants that over a burger.)
- secret milkshake flavors!
161 E Huron St
(between Michigan Ave & St Clair St)
Chicago, IL 60611