let me preface this with: we eat a lot of pasta and meat. typical conversations go:
v: “what are you craving for dinner tonight?”
m: “pasta? something spicy? with meat?”
this occurs at least twice a week.
anyways, this is what i came up with this time. it’s quite delicious and reheats well for leftovers!
pappardelle with beef and beer bolognese
this is adapted from teczcape.
prep time: 10 min | total time: 1 hr | serves: 3-4
- bag of pappardelle noodles (or whatever pasta you prefer)
- olive oil
- 1 large onion – chopped
- a handful of pancetta, cubed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 14oz whole tomatoes
- Worcestershire sauce, oregano, cayenne, salt, pepper
- a beer (you could use red wine…whatever you prefer drinking while you cook)
get it done:
- heat pan with some olive oil and fry the pancetta
- add the onion and saute until onions cooked
- add ground beef, garlic, worcestershire sauce
- when beef is lightly browning, add the beer and cook until it reduces to about half
- add the rest (garlic, oregano, cayenne, salt, pepper, tomatoes) and mash all together
- simmer on low for 45 mins
- cook the pasta the last 10 minutes according to instructions
- add the sauce and mix well
- garnish with some parmesan and any additional salt/pepper/red pepper to taste.
- serve hot! yum.