everyone should get this at ba ba reeba, one of my favorite, simple tapas dishes.
my attempt was not too shabby! next time, i may try to make the tomato sauce on my own to make it a bit thicker than canned, but time and convenience trumped this time.
goat cheese baked in tomato sauce
adapted from whole foods!
prep time: 5 min | total time: 30 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- baguette – sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1-1.5 cups of marinara or tomato sauce
- basil leaves to garnish
- preheat oven to 350F
- mix together garlic and olive oil and spread over bread slices and place on baking sheet and tray
- pat the goat cheese into a pancake-like shape and place in a dish
- pour tomato sauce into dish to come up to the top edge of cheese – don’t cover the cheese with sauce!
- bake uncovered for about 25 minutes, until sauce is bubbling
- with 10 minutes to go, put the bread in to toast