okay okay, i know i give a lot of good reviews…but it’s visitor season, so it’s more of ‘lets go to this place because i like it’ instead of ‘i wonder what this place is like’ … bear with me.
- ★★★★ solid, we come back often
- $$ (~$15-20 a drink or dish)
- casual, trendy
- good for groups
- amazing brew list
- neighborhood: west loop
now, i dig brewpubs. like, a lot. something about the love of beer, great bar food, and the ‘local-ness’ of the spot always gets me.
this one reminds me of one of my favorite bars in minneapolis, the herkimer. haymarket could be it’s big older brother on steroids. always delivers, good food, good beer, good people.
not sure if i’d come here just to eat, it’s a good spot before or after a bulls or hawks game to try a few of their beers. lots of tvs and screens too if you want to watch a game.
- they let you order beer in different sizes – go for 2 oz and try some flights!
- i like the mathias ipa
- guest drafts are always good too
- if you order food, get the sweet tots as your side
- food: smokin’ hot legs and the riot are the way to go
737 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60661