another southern side – this is my take on collard greens without any meat.
‘what are collard greens?’ you may ask. why thanks for asking. they are similar to cabbage and kale, low in calories, high in fiber. one of my favorite greens.
also use this technique to sautee a ton of veggies – with bok choy (sub red pepper with some oyster sauce!), steamed broccoli, etc.
idea from hilah cooking.
time: 5-10 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 2 bunches collard greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
get it done:
- wash the greens well (spinaches and similar greens are pretty dirty)
- remove bottoms of stems and chop them up to be about 1″ slices
- heat oil and garlic over med-low heat
- add greens and sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper while mixing
- toss until they are a bright green
- serve hot and with your favorite dishes!