does food take you places? back to memories? or remind you of people or things?
well, broccoli reminds me of leslie. she was my roommate in minneapolis and it seemed to be her favorite side dish or snack; i swear she made it at least once or twice a week!
i guess i’ve been channeling her and missing her, because i have been making it quite a bit too 🙂
here’s another take on broccoli, instead of steaming it. it’s an easy vegetable, because it seems to be hold better frozen – i always seem to have at least a bag around. so, i threw it in the oven with my lasagna last night.
idea from amateur gourmet.
time: 5-10 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 2 bunches of broccoli (a bag)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (or throw in about 3 cloves) – i like mine garlicky but you can edit it to taste
- salt, pepper to taste
- lemon to squeeze, and parmesan to top
get it done:
- wash up & dry
- remove bottoms of stems and cut into decent sized florets
- spread across tray, sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic on top
- roast in oven 20-25 min
- squeeze some lemon juice over and add some parmesan on top!
- serve hot and with your favorite dishes!