updated with new photos! (and also a rub i purchased from little goat)
i don’t really like chicken, but i’ve finally found a recipe i like! it’s moist and juicy, cheap and easy.
this is perfect if you have a ton of veggies you need to get rid of, some chicken stock, and little to no time. also, it may be the easiest/laziest recipe ever.
beer roasted chicken
prep time: 5 min | total time: 1 hour | serves: 3-4 (depending on chicken)
what you need:
- whole free range chicken with skin on, split – or just thighs, breasts, drumsticks..whatever chicken you want.
- any vegetables – you can throw them in with the chicken or on a separate pan and rack to roast
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- olive oil, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, cayenne, ground mustard, a hint of soy sauce – orrrr, this awesome rub from little goat
- 1 beer
- 1/2 can chicken stock/broth (sometimes i use tomato sauce if i want to get rid of it in the fridge/pantry)
- marinate the chicken pieces in the mustard, garlic, soy, olive oil, cayenne, salt, and pepper. i like to throw the chicken in a large ziplock bag and let it sit.
- heat oil in a pan over medium heat to quickly sear the chicken (i just do it for 4-5 minutes quick…you can also skip this step if you are super lazy)
- preheat oven to 425
- throw veggies in an oven safe dish and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic
- layer the chicken on top of the veggies, pour over with beer & broth and throw it in the oven for about 55 minutes
- let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
- serve with garlic cream cheese mashed potatoes!