sunday afternoon, chillin’ with my dog (!!) and i’m getting the itch to pantry clean. i am craving a pasta salad or something light and springy.
problem: no matt tonight, and about half a bag of potatoes left.
what else what else…i have tuna…so potato salad it is!
this would be a great dish to a potluck sometime this summer.
tuna nicoise potato salad
prep time: 10 min | total time: 20 min| serves: 5-6
what you need:
- 5-6 large potatoes, cut into 1-1/2″ chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1 can tuna
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- salt, pepper, lemon juice to taste
- if you have asparagus, green beans, or tomatoes, throw those in too!
- rosemary to garnish, if you want
get it done:
- cut the potatoes in 1-1.5″ cubes and boil them in salted water until they are fork tender
- blend tuna, onion, mustard, yogurt, vinegar, sriracha, and season to taste.
- drain potatoes and cool
- pour dressing over potatoes and mix together, adding olive oil. add a hard-boiled egg yolk to mash as well.
- slice remaining eggs and layer into the salad
- add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste
- enjoy warm or cold!