matt was working overnight sunday, so dinner for one. and what does matt not like? quinoa and shrimp. what does van eat? quinoa and shrimp.
…i’m becoming a sad little housewife.
quinoa and garlic shrimp
adapted from perry’s plate.
prep time: 5 min | total time: 20 min | serves: 2-3
what you need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1/4 cup nuts (pine nuts or chopped walnuts)
- 1 lb large, uncooked shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- vegetable oil
- lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
get it done:
make the quinoa:
- place in a saucepan over medium heat to toast (ab 2 minutes)
- add broth or water and bring to a boil. reduce heat to med-low and simmer, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed (ab 10-15 min)
- remove from heat and let it sit – covered – ab 2 min
- fluff with a fork, throw some garlic and lemon juice, salt and pepper in
- toast the nuts in a skillet over med-high heat, stir – about 3 minutes – and remove
- add oil and garlic to skillet and cook garlic for about 2 minutes
- combine butter and garlic in a skillet over med-high heat after cleaning shrimp
- sprinkle with salt and toss for about 3-4 minutes until pink – make sure not to overcook!
- combine ingredients and nosh immediately.