this place used to be solid! and the last few visits have been disappointing, in the least.
- ★★ it’s gonna take some convincing to come back.
- $$ (~$10-15/person)
- good for groups
- nice patio
- neighborhood: lincoln park
oh dunlays, how you play with my heart.
sometimes you’re fabulous! sometimes you’re the worst.
let’s see – the good:
- your specials. $5 burgers on wednesdays are pretty tasty. weekend brunches are delightful, and i love the benedicts.
- your location. it’s right around the corner…so…easy…
- your patio. i love it. sangria + outdoor patio + people watching. and i can bring my dog.
- your hostesses. sometimes they are just too rude, which makes me not want to wait to eat there.
- consistency. now i’m usually not a food-sender-backer, and i have here. twice. in one visit. first, a burger was served undercooked and cold. second, was that same burger was flopped back onto a new sloppy bun with the bite taken out of it… unfortunate, because i felt that that incident lost my trust, dunlays.
- you’re salty. everything is just so salty?! i thought it was a midwest thing, but enough. if i didn’t down water, i’d swell up and my rings would be hard to take off and i would misspell texts if it weren’t for autocorrect on my phone.
overall, i’m worried about our relationship – it’s just one of convenience, really.
2600 N Clark St
(at Wrightwood Ave)
Chicago, IL 60614
3137 W Logan Blvd
Chicago, IL 60647