foodie pen pals is exactly what it sounds – a fellow blogger came up with the idea. there’s a list every month of people who want to participate, we’re given a name and info and send them a box of goodies! it can be anything from your favorite snacks, regional delights, cooking ingredients, etc. you send off your box and you receive one in the mail, and you blog about it. i love it.
so this month i received a wonderful box from karen in oregon. she’s a teacher and everything was decorated SUPER cute with tags on them and fun little things for me to try!
super sweet. she read my blog and sent me some things that i can use in future cooking endeavors as well as some yummy, healthy snacks.
so again – thanks so much to karen over at the kitchen refugee for being my first amazing foodie pen pal! i’m going to have to try her doggy biscuits recipe soon.
also check out ravienomnoms to see what I sent out!
if this sounds like something you’d enjoy, check it out for a month.
here are the basics you’ll want to know about the program:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written.
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.
Ready to sign up? Visit Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean to sign up from US & Cananda.