half a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer that needed to get cleaned out. this was a quick, easy (and delicious) way to get rid of them 🙂
it’s a great dish for summer, light and tasty. you can eat it as an app or side, or throw it onto pasta or rice.
i don’t like tartar sauce or marinara with mine, so i just squeezed a bit of lemon juice. yum.
adapted from cook, shoot, eat.
prep time: 10 min | total time: 20 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined – leave tails on (easier to handle)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs (or more if needed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon
- salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes
get it done:
- rinse shrimp and pat dry
- mix oils and shrimp, toss to cover
- dip shrimp into breadcrumbs to form a light and even coat
- add some lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes and toss – let this sit for about 10-15 minutes
- place on a lightly oiled gril rack under broiler on grill on the stove 2-3 min per side until it’s crisp & golden
- serve hot with lemon!