so thanks for stopping by, friend. i appreciate that this silly little creative outlet of mine has readers, and people are actually using some recipes!
i was in NYC this past week for my little brother’s graduation from NYU. so proud. so much celebrating. read: so much eating.
i’ve decided to incorporate a travels section on here, so you’ll see some spots i recommend from cities i’ve visited. (only 4+ stars) and if you want more of my thoughts on places in those cities, just see the lists on yelp.
also, peri’s spice ladle has nominated me for a blog award! versatile blogger? cool!
her blog is fantastic and i’m happy she’s a reader of mine! check it out for some worldly recipes, adventures into indian cuisine, great cooking advice, and of course a love and passion for food bringing people together.
if you’re not a blogger and don’t really care, i apologize. you can stop reading. but if you do read blogs and want to check out more – please see the list below of the ones i dig and read on the regular (food and non-food). let me know if you like this and i’ll continue to post some other great sites.
- Lottie + Doof: a winner of the Saveur Best Cooking Blog! and Chicago based. check it out for his thoughts and musings. i love it.
- eclectic recipes: amazing, delicious, and simple recipes.
- modern comfort food: who doesn’t like comfort food?!
- The Lean Green Bean: healthy recipes, workouts, and cute outlook on life.
- Cooking with Jeff & Cristina: a cooking couple with some creative and yummy recipes.
- Cook, Shoot, Eat: photography + food. yes. great photos and fantastic recipes.
- Epicurean Bliss: a NY food blogger – similar to mine with reviews and recipes….but a lot more organized and well-written.
- The Messy Baker Blog: jennie was my foodie pen pal this month, and i LOVE her blog! great recipes and photos.
- A Lot on Your Plate: tips on organizing, food, health, DIY…cute blog!
- Five and Spice: beautiful blog – great recipes.
- food is the best shit ever: enough said.
- I am Fuel, You are Friends: MUSIC. i love music. and i love this blog.
- Bells in Spires: my friend alena makes beautiful things. and she’s really funny. and way cool.
- The Daily Tay: my friend taylor’s witty and hilarious take on life. a great read for a middle-of-the-workday break, and of course i cannot wait every week for her bachelor/bachelorette recaps.
- Karen X: karen & k went to college together and i have unending amounts of respect for her. she’s brilliant and inspiring, and she probably doesn’t know i creep on her blog. but i do. and maybe you’ve seen her microsoft resignation letter!
- Where’s Ray Lo?: my dear friend ray and his travels. i hope this inspires him to continue traveling and blogging so we can see his photos and funny, fresh outlook on life.
anyways, i’ve never done this before. kind of reminds me of those chain letters in middle school, heh. fwd to 20 people or you will die! not really, but you know what i mean.
stupid analogy. but it’s a great way to get into the blogging community, spread some word on your favorite sites, and thank your readers. here goes!
The Rules of Acceptance:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
so now for 7 things about me (if you’ve read this far and still care):
- i own 12 pairs of toms. this does not include sunglasses.
- i’m really into music. when i lived in minneapolis, i probably went to a show a week.
- my drink of choice is whiskey coke. or if i’m feeling fancy and want wine, a nice cab sauv.
- i am happiest dining al fresco with no agenda for the day with my best friends or family or dog.
- never ask me to make plans. i have commitment issues and prefer spontaneity.
- i have an aversion to the color purple. i don’t eat anything purple, drink anything purple (wine doesn’t count), wear purple, etc. i don’t know why.
- i’m on a mission to better the world, i just have no idea how i’m going to.
so again, thank you again to peri’s spice ladle for a great blog to read and for the nomination! congrats to my fellow bloggers, and as always thanks for reading 🙂