now this was good. try it out, it’s super easy! and spicy.
(it’s been awhile since i blogged, i forgot to take pics along the way, forgive me….)
mix things up with a southern twist with seafood instead of going with an alfredo sauce.
spicy seafood pasta
what you need:
- 1 lb linguine or fettuccine pasta
- vegetable oil
- small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced
- 4-5 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp and various seafoods (i used trader joe’s frozen seafood blend, and some steamer clams!)
- 1 1/2 cups of half & half or light cream
- salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro, parmesan cheese
get it done:
- boil pasta accordingly; drain and set aside
- heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and saute your onions in there for about 2-3 minutes
- stir in garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cumin and saute for another 2-3 minutes
- reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in chipotles, seafood, lemon juice, and half & half
- simmer until everything is cooked through
- stir in cilantro and seasonings to taste
- return pasta back to pot and sprinkle with cheese and stir the sauce in. toss well and serve hot!