if you ever go to austin, you MUST go eat at trudy’s. and probably your first night there. as soon as you get there.
- ★★★★ if only the service was better…
- $$ (~$10-15/entree)
- good for groups
- neighborhood: UT campus
- call ahead for weekend dinner
i dream of stuffed avocados and mexican martinis.
the picnic benches outside, stumbling around afterwards in a food coma and drunken stupor.
good crowd and vibes here, you’ll run into someone you know if you’ve lived here. students, locals, visitors…ex-bfs who now wait there..
.anyways, if you haven’t been or don’t know what to do, follow directions:
1. mexican martinis. beware, there is a limit and they will cut you off. (TWO! ugh but with good reason) …also, i think monday they are like $6 bucks or something.
2. chips & queso while you decide your entree of choice.
3. if you’re going the enchy route, my thoughts are suiza or green chile.
4. i also dig the chimichanga. or something stuffed, like the chorizo stuffed chicken.
5. someone at the table better damn get the stuffed avocado.
you could be healthy too, but why go to trudys then. just go all out. do it.
…and follow my austin travel guide on gogobot if you’re planning a trip!
409 W 30th St
Austin, TX 78705