deconstructed lasagna (or skillet lasagna)
adapted from pink parsley
total time: 45 min | serves: 4-5
what you need:
- 1 lb hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion – chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- handful of lite shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pckg skim ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- 10 lasagna noodles – broken into 2-3 inch pieces
- bunch of spinach, chopped
- salt, pepper, red pepper, italian seasoning
- basil to garnish
- heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and toss onions and salt until softened. stir in the seasonings.
- add ground beef and stir until no longer pink (ab 4-5 minutes)
- scatter the pasta in the skillet and pour the tomatoes over the top. stir – and increase heat to med-high and cover.
- stir often until the pasta is tender (about 20 minutes) – keep stirring to make sure the pasta doesn’t clump together or stick to your pan.
- add spinach at the last minute when pasta is cooked.
- add scoops of the ricotta over the noodles. add in mozzarella and parmesan. cook about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is thick
- serve immediately with basil and some garlic bread!
note: you can stick this in the broiler with the cheese so it browns and crisps a bit.