now i’m a huge fish person, and tilapia is super easy and always in my freezer. i wanted to mix it up and do something a little heartier with the fish, and this is what we got!
this is probably the easiest thing ever…and trader joe’s curry sauce has ingredients i would normally use (and it’s cheaper than buying everything!). you can have this ready to eat in 15 minutes flat.
also, the sauce has some heat in it, so don’t add more – or too much – because it’s quite flavorful itself.
thai curry tilapia with vegetables
adapted from cooking with michele.
total time: 15 min | serves: 4-5
what you need:
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 -4 filets of tilapia or other white fish
- 1 jar trader joe’s green curry simmer sauce
- bok choy, red bell peppers, snow peas, and any other veggies! chopped if preferred
- salt and pepper, fish sauce, fresh basil to taste
- 2-3 cups of jasmine rice
get it done:
- heat oil in a wok or large pan over medium high heat
- add onions and toss until soft
- add red peppers and other veggies and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender crisp, about 3 minutes
- add the simmer sauce
- simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes to thicken the sauce
- lay the tilapia on top of the curry sauce and vegetables, cover, and simmer until fish is cooked, about 5 minutes
- add salt, pepper, fish sauce to taste
- stir basil into the sauce and remove from heat
- serve hot over cooked rice