here’s a really quick and easy recipe. just grab whatever veggies you have and one of those refrigerated packs of tortellini and you’re golden, child.
tortellini vegetable soup
adapted from taste of home.
time: 30-45 min | serves: 6
what you need:
- 3 sausage links, casings removed (i use trader joes chicken jalapeno sausage)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced and chopped
- 5-6 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- dash of oregano
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional to top
get it done:
- crumble sausage into a pot; add the onion.
- cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- stir in the broth, water, veggies, tomatoes, and seasonings. bring to a boil and add wine.
- add tortellini; return to a boil.
- cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- reduce heat; add the spinach, basil, and pepper flakes.
- cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- serve with cheese if desired and hot!