you’re about to get some fun gameday snacks, since fall is here!
here’s a healthy version of buffalo chicken, baked instead of fried, and without heavy breading. it’s super easy if you always have some shredded chicken on hand and ready to go too! warning: this one gets a bit messy while making 😉
adapted from sweet pea’s kitchen.
prep time: 20 min | serves: a lot
what you need:
- shredded cooked chicken – about 3 breasts
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (frank’s red hot or any other buffalo hot sauce)
- 3 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups chopped green onions
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beatened
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
make it happen:
- preheat oven to 350F
- mix the chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, cheese, and green onions in a large mixing bowl
- roll into 1 inch balls and place onto a baking sheet
- place flour, eggs, and cornflakes in separate shallow dishes
- dip each chicken ball into flour first, then egg, and roll in corn flakes
- place onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes
- serve hot with ranch and celery!