mama le sent us home after the holidays with some wild alaskan salmon, naturally.
so post new year and heavy holiday eating, this was quite a refreshing, healthy, and filling meal. try it! the avocado sauce is a must – very light and tasty.
salmon with avocado cream sauce
adapted from domestic fits.
prep time: 10 min | total time: 25 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
for the sauce:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbs shallots, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- cayenne, chili powder, paprika, and cumin
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
get it done:
- place salmon on a plate, squeeze lemon juice over it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. sprinkle with salt and pepper just before cooking.
- in a saucepan, heat olive oil over high heat and add the salmon. cook about 4 minutes and flip and cook on other side til cooked through.
- in a food processor or blender, add the sauce ingredients and puree until smooth.
note: this makes a lot of sauce! i used the leftovers to top some chicken tacos later in the week 🙂 or eat with chips like guac.