for my birthday dinner, matthew surprised me with a greenbush and hopleaf collaboration dinner.
these dinners are quite the trend lately, local breweries pairing up with restaurants to showcase their beer and pair with the local fare. it’s awesome and pretty much my favorite thing.
and if any of you remember, matthew took me on a midwest
booze tour earlier in the year, and one of our favorite spots was greenbush brewing in sawyer, michigan. so it was very exciting that this awesome brewery came to town for a fun event.
anyway, if you live in chicago, head over to hopleaf and like their facebook page to be in the know of upcoming beer dinners like this one.
the lowdown on hopleaf:
- who: you, you + friends, you +1, whatever! it works for many groups.
- what: a tavern with an impressive beer list, this place has what i like to call upscale bar food – from mussels & sandwiches to fried rabbit and pork belly.
- when: you’re hankering for some beer you haven’t had before and some awesome food.
- Sunday – Friday 12pm – 2am, Saturday12pm – 3am
- where: andersonville; 5148 N Clark St
- why: because they do everything right – from beer to food.
the lowdown on greenbush:
- who: you & a few others, it’s a small little brewpub.
- what: an up & coming brewpub with some impressive beers and an awesome staff.
- when: you’re on a roadtrip or need to get out of the city for a bit.
- Sunday – Thurs 12pm – 10pm, Fri & Sat 12pm – 11pm
- where: sawyer, MI; 5885 Sawyer Road
- why: because they are awesome. because you like local brews. because you like trying new things.