weekend brunch at home. make this with some bloody marys and you’ll be good to go!
chorizo breakfast hash
adapted from table for two.
prep time: 10-15 minutes.
what you need:
- 3 potatoes, washed and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage, casings removed (you can use any meat here, but i like sausage in my skillets)
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
get it done:
- in a large skillet, cook the potatoes with olive oil for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- add pepper and onions and cook until soft.
- add in the chorizo and cook until the meat is thoroughly cooked through and veggies are completely soft, about 10 more minutes. salt and pepper to taste. (i use cajun seasonings as well)
- cook an egg sunny side up in another skillet. you can do scrambled or any other way, i just love a runny yolk.
- once the chorizo and veggies are done cooking, plate and add the egg on top.