note: this is only about brunch. it’s one of my favorite brunches. (it was my birthday brunch.) i have yet to make it there for dinner, but will update as soon as i do. and i’ve heard it’s just as amazing.
the bloody marys here are one of my favorites of all time. they also have one with whiskey, if you prefer.
- who: you + a few friends. you’ll want to share and try different items on the menu!
- what: meat is a huge presence on the menu. unique and flavorful twists on rustic dishes. menu rotates but is always online. not too pricey, brunch hovers around $12-28/pp, dinner around $20-30/pp. picnic table/shared dining styles. high ceilings and fun, loud, energetic spot to eat.
- when: your next free brunch day.
- M-F: 3:30-10:30pm (-11:30pm Friday), Sat: 10am-2pm (brunch) 3:30-11:30pm, Sun: 10am-2pm (brunch) 5-9pm
- where: west loop; 837 W Fulton Market
- why: because it’s the weekend and you want to brunch. because you have a hankerin’ for chicken or pork or oysters. and so you can go to Publican Quality Meats afterwards for a fresh baguette or an amazing selection of meats.