here’s a recipe from my efforts to do some vegetarian dishes 🙂
i’ve always wanted to try this, and see how similar it is to mashed potatoes. definitely healthier and pretty close. could be a nice side dish in the rotation! (if the boys approve)
inspired by inspired taste
total time: 20 minutes | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 1 medium cauliflower (~4 cups florets)
- 1.5 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp buter
- salt, pepper to taste, chives optional
get it done:
- bring a pot of salted water to boil
- cut cauliflower into florets and add to water to cook for about 10 minutes
- how to cut a cauliflower:
- drain cauliflower and then put back into the pot off the heat and cover. let it stand for about 3 minutes to steam.
- add cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
- use a potato masher to mash.
- stir & serve with green onions if desired.