this has been on my to do list about as long as i’ve lived in chicago.
a cozy and intimate byob, great for celebrating an occasion or a date night. it was refreshing to go to a place that didn’t have small plates – sometimes i just don’t want to share and i want all the food to myself. on a large plate.
go to the bathroom here. that’s all i have to say. sounds weird, but do it.
- who: you + your boo, your gf, or a few friends. keep in mind it’s small, so i strongly suggest no party bigger than 4.
- what: menu rotates unique and rustic fare, but is always online. plates are around $20-30/pp. and bring your own wine! hop into the noble grape and grab a staff recommended bottle.
- when: you’re looking for a reasonably priced, no small plates kind of meal with some candlelit romance. no reservations!
- Tues-Sat: 530-10pm; Sun: 530-9pm
- where: noble square, 851 N Ashland Ave
- why: because it’s byob and the food and service is phenomenal.