trying new fish recipes this lenten season. i guess this one has meat, so doesn’t count for fridays…but still.
it’s easy and quick, and any white fish will do! enjoy with some steamed veggies and you’re good to go.
baked cod with chorizo and white beans
adapted from eating well.
prep time: 15 min | total time: 40 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 4 pieces of cod
- 2 oz chorizo – you can find it in a specialty store or near the cured sausages – you can use kielbasa too.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- thyme, salt, pepper to taste
get it done:
- preheat oven to 425F
- spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray
- heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat
- add shallot, chorizo and thyme and cook for about 1 minute
- add tomatoes and half the wine and stir until tomatoes are broken down and liquid is almost evaporated – ab 3-4 min
- stir in beans and salt and remove from heat
- salt and pepper the fish and top the fish with the mixture in the dish
- pour the other half of the wine into the dish and cover with foil
- bake until fish is cooked through, opaque – about 15-20 min depending on thickness
- pour any leftover sauce on top and serve hot!