After a few tries to get reservations and two months later, we finally dined at Goosefoot! Goosefoot’s reservations are through OpenTable and are fully booked two months out. Quite competitive, and I’m sure if you exercise some patience (and a bit of strategy… we got them on a Saturday night at midnight for 2 months out…) it is definitely worth it.
An intimate BYOB off Lawrence Ave, this restaurant was one of the best meals I’ve ever had. 11-courses and 4 hours later, presented by an amazing staff, we left extremely happy.
Nina, the chef’s wife, is hostess – chatting with every table and making you feel like she is welcoming you into her home. We didn’t get a chance to meet Chef Chris, as tables kept rolling in throughout the night and he was busy preparing dishes.
The restaurant turned into quite a sight as the evening wore on – a Thursday evening that began with couples and ending with tables of four and five rolling in with 6-8 bottles of wine! What a place.
- who: you + your boo, your gf, or a double date. reservations are hard enough, so choose wisely.
- what: 9 course menu is online, so you know what to pair with since it’s a BYO. a bit of seafood, a bit of meat, some dessert…all amazing flavors and prepared in unique and beautiful ways!
- when: it’s a special occasion and you are a planner.
- Wed-Sat 530-10pm
- where: 2656 W Lawrence Ave. Chicago, IL 60625
- why: because it’s an amazing experience and delicious food. a phenomenal tasting menu and byo!
photos below. i couldn’t pick a favorite if i tried, they were all amazing and different!