if you’re ever in the need for a pick-me-up kind of meal, you should definitely check out smoque up on pulaski. coming from a texan, you should definitely listen.
you go up and order, bring your own beer, and food is ready quickly and brought to the table. try and go at an off-time, because there’s always a line!
- who: i strongly suggest no party bigger than 4 – it’s small and crowded. don’t bring a vegetarian.
- what: bbq – from briskets to ribs, sausage to pulled pork. you can get sandwiches, platters, or mix and match. the only way to do it. also, the sides are pretty small so don’t share – there won’t be enough!
- when: you’re looking for a reasonably priced, no small plates kind of meal with some candlelit romance. no reservations!
- Tues-Thurs: 11am-9pm; Fri & Sat: 11am-10pm; Sun: 11am-9pm; closed Mondays.
- where: 3800 N Pulaski
- why: because the sausage and brisket are almost like texas. and it’s byob.