for our anniversary, matthew gave me a deep fryer 🙂
as far as the typical fare, fish tacos, chicken, oreos…our favorite so far has been avocados. this beer batter can be used for many things, so try it out! and ps, you can definitely do this without a deep fryer!
beer battered fried avocado
adapted from vegan appetite.
prep time: 5-10 min | total time: 10-15 min | serves: 3-4
what you need:
- 1 cup lager or ale
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2-3 avocados, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- paprika, salt, pepper
- oil for frying
- 1 lemon
get it done:
- whisk together the beer, flour, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. let it stand for an hour or so.
- peel avocados and slice into wedges
- dredge each wedge in batter and deep fry until golden brown
- squeeze lemon juice when hot and serve!
ps these are amazing in tacos.