more grilling recipes!
matthew loves ribs but i’ve never been a big fan. annnnnd i’m not gonna lie, these were pretty phenomenal and i can’t wait to make them again.
you use a bit of everything – oven, grill, dry and wet rubs. grab your favorite sauce and get on it.
adapted from bon appetit.
prep time: 20 min | total time: 3-4 hours | serves: 4-6
what you need:
- St Louis style spareribs or baby back pork ribs
- dry mustard
- paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper
- chicken broth
- bbq sauce
get it done:
- preheat oven to 350F.
- combine the dry ingredients and rub over the ribs
- place ribs on two sheets of foil and separate racks onto different baking sheets
- bake ribs until tender, but not falling apart – 2 hours for baby backs and 3 for spareribs
- carefully unwrap ribs and pour the juices into a cup to reserve the juices
- let the ribs cool (note: you can do this a few days ahead of time and fridge) – doing so, they will hold together better on the grill
- ready to grill? heat to med-high to high
- add broth or water to rib juices to measure about 1.5 cups and whisk in bbq sauce
- grill ribs and baste in bbq sauce mixture while turning frequently until charred and yummy looking, about 10 minutes
- serve with more barbecue sauce and your favorite fixins and a cold beer