a few Texans ate our way through Siena last week, finishing off with all of the amazing gelato! thank you to dessert chef Amy for letting us taste the phenomenal pumpkin pie gelato coming out soon – YALL NEED TO GET THIS!!
- who: you and a group of friends – at least four so you can order and share!
- what: a nice spot by the owners of bull&bear and public house in river north to eat and drink and be seen
- when: you have a reservation
- Mon-Fri, 1130am-2am; Sat: 10am-3am; Sun: 10am-2am
- where: 51 W Kinzie
- why: because they will have something on the menu for everyone, affordable and tasty – especially for this neighborhood
- must try: start off with coccoli – MUST HAVE – crispy dough, stracchino cheese, prosciutto di parma, truffle honey and the wagyu meatball w/ roasted tomato sauce, bellwether ricotta, shaved basil, pizza – go with the burnt pepperoni, spicy and crispy! and finish off with a fun dessert to play with, the bomboloni and the gelato, of course. oh yes, and monkeybread.
left: coccoli – MUST HAVE – crispy dough, stracchino cheese, prosciutto di parma, truffle honey
right: wagyu meatball w/ roasted tomato sauce, bellwether ricotta, shaved basil
wagyu meatball w/ roasted tomato sauce, bellwether ricotta, shaved basil
Kale Caesar Salad with oven-dried tomato, parmesan, rosemary focaccia croutons, lemon caesar dressing
Another must get: Burrata with tomato jam, sea salt, basil oil
Top: Wild Boar with watercress pesto, butternut squash, robiola, aged balsamic
Bottom: Carne with housemade fennel sausage, pancetta cured bacon, salami, sopressata, mozzarella tomato, fresh basil
On the left: Burnt Pepperoni with spicy tomato sauce, red chilies, mozzarella
Right: Prosciutto Pear with roasted garlic cream, taleggio, mozzarella, baby arugula
pictured from the top clockwise: sticky parmesan potatoes, gnocchi with truffle cream, spaghetti with jumbo lump crab, orecchiette with prosciutto sausage, “Pasta in a Jar” with duck confit, and pappardelle bolognese
Bomboloni with whiskey caramel, chocolate hazelnut, raspberry chianti, vanilla cream sauces
tasting all of the amazing gelato they have to offer! must tries: the new pumpkin pie, pistachio and espresso