alright y’all, this is one easy peasy soup.
if you wanna crockpot-it, this can be ready when you get home from work. if not, it’s still pretty quick to put together. i put approximate measurements – feel free to add different veggies, more meat, whatever you want. this is for a large batch – you can freeze or share 🙂
grab your vino and a blanket, turn the fireplace on…it’s soup season.
adapted from skinnytaste.
prep time: 15 min | total time: 75 min | serves: 6
what you need:
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3-4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cups water
- 2-3 cups cooked pasta, i like shells or elbows
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 2 bay leaves
- chopped fresh basil, parsley
- chunk of parmesan cheese rind
- parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
get it done:
- heat oil in pot and saute garlic and onion until soft
- throw in turkey or sausage if you are adding meat and cook until meat is no longer pink
- add all other ingredients except noodles & spinach: tomatoes, celery, carrots, beans, broth, herbs, salt, and pepper
- simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes – if using your crockpot, cook on low for 6-8 hours
- add kale or spinach and continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes
- add noodles and remove bay leaves and cheese rind
- add parmesan on top if you wish and serve hot!