superbowl sunday is rapidly approaching. and though i’m not on a wedding diet, i am trying to eat better.
so here’s my take on lightening up some jalapeno poppers. baking instead of frying, low fat or nonfat cream cheese, etc. etc.
adapted from gimme some oven
total time: 30 min
what you need:
- 10 jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddars good)
- paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- bacon bits
make it happen:
- mix cheese and seasonings in a large bowl (i had some leftover pulled pork i threw in there too!)
- cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds
- spoon filling into each jalapeno
- top each with bacon bits and breadcrumbs
- spray each jalapeno with olive oil or cooking spray and cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- remove and add more bacon bits if you choose! serve immediately.