okay, wedding time is “diet” time. and in my world diet just means maybe almost nothing. so let’s just say we’re being a little more health-conscious than normal.
enter sweet potatoes. and you know me and my hearty meals, i created these monsters.
stuffed baked sweet potatoes
time: 75 min | serves: 2
- 4 sweet potatoes
- fat free greek yogurt
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- chili powder or cayenne
- coconut oil or light mayo (i just got some from france…ahhhmaze)
- salt, pepper, olive oil
- shredded cheese
- whatever toppings you want – i did chicken sausage, corn, and broccoli
make it happen:
- poke your potatoes with a fork and bake 45 min to an hour at 400
- with about 15 minutes to go on the baking – in a bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, salt, pepper (this is a tasty sour cream substitute)
- heat up olive oil in a medium sized pan to cook whatever you’re stuffing, onions and then meats, stir in veggies and add cheese
- slice potatoes lengthwise and scoop out goodness. layer a bit of coconut oil or mayo (or butter) and mix in your stuffing
- add cheese on top and pop back in the oven for 10 more minutes
- when ready, throw that yogurt dressing on top and serve hot!